Do you pay almost $5000 in rent every month? There are some great cities around the country where you can nab a 2-bedroom apartment for $550, practically unheard of these days! With housing prices reasonably low and costs of things like eggs and gas below $2, these states are the most affordable in the U.S. to live in right now. Did your state make the list?
- OHIO. With cities like Dayton, Youngstown, Akron, & Ashland, Ohio boasts some of the most affordable cities in the U.S. With the average housing cost as well as rents well below the national average, this state seems like a great option if you are trying to get your cost of living down.
- MISSOURI. St. Louis & Kansas City have some great things to do & see. The Arch, the St. Louis Zoo and the Kansas City Royals, just to name a few! As well as fun things, they offer some of the best housing costs as well as a very low costs of living overall. Check out the Gateway to the West!
- TEXAS. Even though Texas does have some locations that are rising in the housing market, cities like Temple, Harlingen, & Wichita Falls make Texas a great place to live with very affordable prices for things like rent, gas, & grocery store runs. Now, the heat? Well, that’s another story for another time!
- ARKANSAS. Conway, Fayetteville, & Little Rock are all great markets, with some of the best housing prices in the country, as well as low cost of living. This along with the average household income being right at $60,000 combine to make Arkansas one of the Top 5 most affordable places to hang your hat and call home.
- TENNESSEE. From reasonable mortgages to a low cost of living index, cities like Memphis, Murfreesboro, & Smyrna all have a small town feel with lots of things to do that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. With median rent coming in at around $600/month, it’s very affordable to be in Tennessee these days!
Surprised by any of these?